Saturday, January 18, 2014

42 Days

42 days doesn't seem like that long & I know it really ISN'T that long, but it is making me cray-zay!
I was in the habit of using my phone to play music at night & the best place to set the phone was on the windowsill right behind my head. (I have a very tall bed.) We-e-e-lll, turns out my bedroom window is not quite waterproof, (leaks into the tracks.) Never really noticed it before, at the time we had been in this house maybe a year. But one night a few months or so ago, we had a really hard rain. Overnight it flooded the window track & overflowed to create a lake on my windowsill that my phone went swimming in all night.
I tried the rice thing & it seemed my phone was fine. For a day. But slowly I am losing things. the first thing to go was my speakers. NOoooooooooOOOOoooooooo!!! No more music. The thing is, it is not all the time. I can talk on the phone. I can use speakerphone. The alarm works. The ringer works. But I can't make the speaker work for video or music. Only works w/ headphones. Ok, it's annoying, but can live with it. Then the notification sound (i.e. - for messages,) stopped working. Now the power button no longer responds. Thank God I found a solution to THAT problem on line. (Thank you very much grownupgeek.com
I am not sure what will go next & it is getting more & more hinky as time goes on. I am praying it will hold out the 42 days til I can upgrade. & this time I will check my bill to make sure I have the insurance BEFORE something happens.

3 comments:

Dona Martin said...

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if we lost our cell phones and service for long periods of time? I remember answering machines and telephones with cords, but I, like everyone else is in the habit of having one in my pocket. Maybe things weren't so bad when we were kids, at least our stereo's didn't get wet. :-)

Dona Martin said...

When did our phones become our lifeline to everything in the world? Remember the days of boom boxes and phones with cords? There are days, not many, that I wish life would be that simple again. Will hope you make it 42 days.....

Foof4e said...

Tru dat Dona. My phone is my stereo, bible, camera, organizer, story teller, map, folder, cookbook… Life with technology is simpler & more complicated.